Pages

6/25/2008

border collies for Barack

A dapper and friendly Barack Obama was in my dream last night. We attended some church affair, the details of which I can only recall included large salami and men in wheelchairs. While I'd like to overlook the potentially Freudian twist, I must say: now that's campaigning.

Relatedly, my sister and brother-in-laws's dog (a somewhat expensive but exceptional wedding present) ran away last week after taking one sniff of their new baby. Many little Bo Peeps went looking, but the dog didn't show up until one of my brother-in-law's relatives ran into someone who'd seen a loose border collie--at a Democratic Party meeting (the someone, not the border collie). She (the border collie) is now back at home, eyeing the baby warily, and we are grateful. We are considering a donation to the Obama campaign--or, at the very least a new committee: Border Collies for Barack.

No comments: